The application will consist of a thoughtful, proficiently written essay in response to the given prompt. The essay must not be longer than 2,000 words.
- Colorado Resident
- High School Senior
- Graduating from a Colorado High School
- Planning to attend Colorado School of Mines in the fall (Student doesn’t have to have confirmed attendance at application)
- Three incoming student will receive a four-year (eight semesters), full resident-tuition scholarship.
- Renewable as long as the student maintains a 2.500 cumulative GPA and passes 24 credit hours between the fall and spring terms.
- Resident Tuition
- Supplemental Questions
- During your senior year at Mines, an epic battle unleashes between Marvin the Miner and his evil twin, Warvin! and you find yourself a key player in the battle. In a creative narrative, describe how you became involved in this situation, whose side you will fight for, and how your experiences at Mines ultimately lead to your decisions. The scale and any additional characters in this conflict are up to your own imagination, and the skills you gained at Mines are your powers. Who emerges victorious, and how does it shape the future of Mines?